Best Weight Lifting Routine for Building Muscle?

Homepage – Action Men BLVD Forums Fitness & Weight Lifting Best Weight Lifting Routine for Building Muscle?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Robert
    Participant

Hey everyone, I’m Robert. I’ve been lifting weights for about six months now and I’m looking to optimize my routine for muscle growth. Currently, I’m doing a mix of compound and isolation exercises, but I’m not sure if my routine is the most effective. What are your thoughts on the best exercises and schedules for maximizing muscle gain? Also, any tips on diet and recovery would be much appreciated!

Sandra Lopez
    Participant

Hi Robert! For muscle growth, focus on compound lifts like squats, deadlifts, and bench presses. They work multiple muscle groups and help build strength and size efficiently.

Jessica Taylor
    Participant

Hey Robert, I agree with Sandra. Compound exercises are key. Also, make sure you’re progressively overloading. Increase the weights or reps each week to keep challenging your muscles.

Aayush
    Participant

Robert, don’t forget about diet. Protein intake is crucial. Aim for at least 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight daily. Recovery is just as important, so ensure you’re getting enough rest.

Handsome Kevin
    Participant

My suggestion, Robert, is to follow a push-pull-legs split. It allows for balanced training and adequate recovery. Push days for chest, shoulders, and triceps, pull days for back and biceps, and leg days for quads, hamstrings, and calves. This way, you hit all major muscle groups effectively.

Sandra Lopez
    Participant

Also, incorporate some isolation exercises to target specific muscles. For example, bicep curls and tricep extensions can help in sculpting your arms. But the foundation should be those big lifts.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Action Men BLVD
Logo
Compare items
  • Total (0)
Compare